Langenbuscher Gartens

Forums Public forums Brug Reviews Langenbuscher Gartens

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2,583 voices, and was last updated by  Dianne 20 Jun 2013 at 5:35 am.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Paul

This is hands down my almost favorite brug from last year and this year, so far.

To have a flush this early in the season for me is most definitely a super plus!!

It has been in the 90’s for almost 2 weeks and this brug is not fazed at all. A few bugs seem to like it, and it needs a little more fertilizer to promote more green leaves. I can not say anything bad about the flowers.

Always produces doubles, and some may not believe me, but the fragrance may surpase NOL. It is one of the most, if not the most lemony scented brug I have ever had.

Anyone have suggestions on what to pollenate her with, let me know. I know I will try Mandarin Twist
    again.
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Keymaster

Mike Pettit BGI President

Paul I do hope you have some success at pollinate her I tried and tried last year but with no luck. Mandarin Twist sounds a good start I tried Bernstein, Angels Endless Summer, Tabby, MEM but she rejected all their advances!!!!!

Mike

Patricia Watson

In the greenhouse early Spring LBG had beautiful orange blooms. Since I have moved her outside all I have had is single blooms.

I wonder if it is because of the radical temp. fluxuations. We have been really up and down all Spring.

mario

paul dit you get a pod?

and what pollen dit you use?

what abouth charleston pollen?

Spectator

EKANAGRAM

If I were going to pollinate her, I'd take a visit over to the Langenbuscher website and make a list of the Brugs they have on hand. She might be more susceptible to pollination if she's dusted with pollens from within her hybridizer's select group. 🙂

Sort of "in the family."

Paul

I didn't get a pod on it, but I did get a pod on Mandarin Twist with LBG pollen. Hopefully the few seedling I have will make it through the winter.

Keymaster

Edna

If I were going to pollinate her, I'd take a visit over to the Langenbuscher website and make a list of the Brugs they have on hand. She might be more susceptible to pollination if she's dusted with pollens from within her hybridizer's select group. 🙂

Sort of "in the family."

Liz last year nothing took on LBG. I did just what you said, every pollen that I had from the Langenbusher group I used. I have tried 35 different pollens. Now the waiting game begins , only a hanful of those were from Langenbusher plants. Tick tock … time will tell. So far several have already aborted :(

mario

i think in 2010 there are better brugs than lbg,like goldflame,bornergold and other great looking orange brugs ,maybee thy take pollen?

Spectator

EKANAGRAM

Keep us updated, Edna. This is an important Brug that merits close observation.

Keymaster

Edna

As of today maybe 10 have aborted….. I will make notes on what didn't take. If 1 stays I'll be happy.

One thing worth mentioning is that this one has superb pollen. Lots of it and a good quality as well. Plants accept it's pollen pretty easy too.

Spectator

EKANAGRAM

Yes, it is a copious pollen producer, and I've made lots of podlets with it. In fact, I've dusted about thirty pods with the pollen from what looked to be one flower.

The stuff is gold.

Dawna

Isn't that interesting. :dunno 1: Sounds like MEM.

Dianne

I’ve always admired LBG and have a few seedlings with it as a parent…..

The only one to flower so far is a Rosalla x LBG and it’s a beautifully shaped white double.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.